Islamic wall art - Why not make it myself

Tuesday 12 January 2016



When, decorating a house it is a must to have one or two amazing pieces of wall art right? But there's just so many so where do I start? That my friend is a good question. I've looked around at a few different types of wall art and ended up not getting very far with which type to go for. To be honest, I'm sure as most of you have guessed by now, I'm quite particular. I want something that will be simple but have meaning also. As a result of that, I've ended up making my own! My creative instincts were just buzzing at the thought of being able to do it myself. So here are a few that I have made. The striped ones are inspired by a picture I found in Megan Hess's Instagram. Obviously they're not framed yet, but when I get to that, I will make a post of the finished product and how it looks inside my apartment. 

Here are a few templates of what I have made with the help of my sister, I just adore her creativity. They're very simple ideas. In my eyes, the monochrome and the gold just look glorious together! They won't take up too much attention from the rest of the room I plan to hang them in. I mean, can you ever go wrong with stripes? 

Now, onto why I've chosen these particular words on my wall art. The first two at the top, I want these to remind me every time I look at them of where I want to go on my next big trip. In sha'Allah. For those of you who don't know where Makkah and Madina are, they are the two holy cities in Saudi Arabia and as Muslim's, when we are invited, we take a holy pilgrimage to these cities.


In the second wall art, these words mean something special in Arabic, I will just go on to telling you their meanings. 
Bismillah - In the name of Allah
Allahu Akbar - Allah is great
Alhamdulillah - All the praises and thanks be to Allah 
Subhanallah - Glory be to Allah
Astagfirallah - I seek forgiveness from Allah 


Lastly, the two last wall arts are in Arabic calligraphy. I just love Arabic calligraphy. Coming from a Muslim household, having calligraphy up on the walls was always common. It's always been something I've wanted.

The wall art was Inspired by the framed picture behind her with the stripes and Paris typo. That is the one I have recreated. Megan Hess is an illustrator and I completely adore her illustrations. They are just stunning.



No comments:

Post a Comment