Winter Wonderland

Sunday 27 December 2015



Now I know what you're thinking- Christmas is over. You've probably had your annual dose of festivities already. There's the over-the-top cheesy Christmas movies, seizure-inducing Christmas lights and everything else that comes with this time of year. Well I don't celebrate Christmas anyway. Nonetheless, when I heard about the Winter Wonderland that opened in Hyde Park I couldn't help but go. Even the biggest Scrooge can't deny the wonder that winter wields. I've also felt that there is something quite mesmerizing about the coldest season of the year (in theory anyway). 

Although it was actually freezing cold, it was a pretty beautiful experience. From the minute I approached the giant castle like gate I felt immersed in the atmosphere. Those that were behind the Wonderland this year really pulled out all of the stops. The lights were so bright and really lightened up the mood. The variety of exotic food stalls, from hot chocolate to burgers to Chinese,  that were all about really got my food senses going- I am a huuge fooody! 

Then there were the rides. Now I'm not much of a rides kind of girl when it comes to fun fairs so for me it was more about the merry-go-rounds, candy floss, Ferris wheel and the beautiful lights.

Obviously I could not go to Winter Wonderland without taking a whole load of pictures, so here is my series of photographs which sum up my experience.



We started our night off on the Ferris wheel. Getting on took a while as it was the ride most people went on but the wait was worth it. The view from the top was just spectacular. You could see all of the Wonderland from the top. From there, we planned our night, where we would stop and which rides we would go on. 



I loved all of sparkle from the night, even the Ferris Wheel had glitter on it.



Our wonderful view from the Ferris Wheel.



Next stop, the Merry-Go-Round because it brings out my inner child.







Walking around, we saw that there was every kind of food you could imagine. Burgers, sausages, fish and chips, Chinese. None of it was Halal though, so we opted for sweet food instead so off to the sweet shop it was!






What I enjoyed the most of the night was probably how pretty it all was. It was truly a magical experience and the lights made it just that. 














No comments:

Post a Comment