When In Portobello, Get A Happy Donut!

Friday 9 December 2016

Happy Donuts Portobello

My husband introduced me to a wonderful little place in Portobello Market quite recently. I'll have to admit, usually, I haven't got much of a sweet tooth. I mean don't get me wrong, I do love cake and biscuits and all but I just can't have too many. But then, this lovely shop, Happy Donuts was introduced to me. Sweetness overload, but I loved it! Mainly because of their flavours.

I'm not a food blogger, but I felt the need to blog about this and share it with you because we all need a doughnut shop like this to make us happy. My first ever Happy Donut was given to me while I was pregnant. My husband came across the shop whilst he was out in Portobello. Because he is such a latte lover, what caught his eye was their "buy one doughnut, get a latte free" offer. And who doesn't like a good freebie? That's where it all began.

When in Portobello, get a Happy Donut! I kind of feel like it's become a thing for us now. Anyway, this time around when we went, we opted to get a box of six which was sold for £10. This was great as it got us to explore more of the flavours they had to offer. Also, I wanted to show my family these lovely sweet treats. They were so lovely, they even threw in two free hot drinks and an extra doughnut. Win-win for us and it got us liking their little shop even more!

What flavours did we go for? That's a great question. As I said before, what I love about these particular doughnuts is their innovative flavours. I've never seen flavours like these on doughnuts before. With a little assistance from the shop keeper, we went for;

  1.  Nutella
  2. White Chocolate Matcha
  3. Pistachio
  4. Ferrero Rocher
  5. Boston Cream Flake
  6. Peanut Butter
  7. Vanilla Custard

My favourite and from these doughnuts was definitely the Pistachio one. In case you're wondering, it's the green one in my pictures. It tasted so delicious with a soft creamy pistachio custard filling that poured out as you take a bite. I remember it all too well!

We took all of the doughnuts back home so we could indulge and dissect them. We cut them up so we could have a taste of all of them as no one knew which particular they liked yet. Everyone agreed that the pistachio was a definite favourite. Second up was probably the Boston Cream Flake and then the Ferrero Rocher. I also loved the Vanilla Custard. I love a good classic and this creamy delight was one I'd definitely be going back for.

They had a really wide selection of doughnuts, these were just a few. You can check out more of their flavours on the Happy Donuts website or you can go to Portobello and taste it for yourself. Oh yeah and they also do delivery so Londoners, you can get them right to your doorstep!
The website showed a selection of their doughnuts, ice-creams and drinks. There were more of a selection of doughnuts at the shop. There were a few more I wanted to try so I'll definitely be going back!

Nutella Doughnuts

Happy Donuts Flavours

Pistachio Doughnut

No comments:

Post a Comment