2017 A Year Filled With Greenery

Monday 12 December 2016

Greenery

So, Pantone's colour of the year 2017 has been announced. Exciting! I was really looking forward to finding out what colour will be chosen for the year coming and what a colour it is. Especially because this colour will affect and inspire a lot of fashion and interior. Knowing what to look forward to for next year in terms of design is quite exciting.

We had the wonderful opportunity of having two colours last year. The great thing about this was a lot of us were able to choose which was their favourite. I very quickly ended up choosing rose quartz. It was almost like a silent, feminine protest as I live in a house full of boys! But enough about 2016's colours, what are we looking forward to for 2017?

Greenery. I love the concept and idea behind it. There's something so serene and calming about it. Nature comes to mind when we think of greenery. Nature provides us with oxygen. It helps us to live and it's always what we come back to in times of stress, being overworked and overwhelmed. "A breath of fresh air". That's what we need and I feel like that's what this next year holds in store.

Pantone's colour of the year 2017

Whether or not I will end up using this colour with my interior, I'm not sure about. Green is quite a daring colour for me. I'm usually all about pastels and dull colours. I mean, I don't see myself going out and buying a green sofa but I want to start improving my green fingers. I have always wanted to have small green potted plants inside my home. The only downfall is I have a tendency to neglect plants. (Sad face). I know, it's really bad, I just end up forgetting to take care of them properly.

Is it a little early for some new years resolutions? I think not! I want to improve my connection with greenery and taking care of plants. Hopefully this year coming I will have the confidence to buy plants for my home and not just because it's colour of the year, but because I feel like it will help me get back to nature in my own home.

I love taking walks in the park, watching the rustling trees as the wind blows through them. I look forward to seeing all of those little flowers that stand out and light up a green field with beautiful colours. Imagine having that at home! I don't know why I haven't done it yet. The only types of plants I really buy for my home are flowers. They're always so pretty but they die after a week. Having plants that I can water and take care of might be a new form of relaxation and rejuvenation at home for me. And hopefully they'll last for a long time.

Here is some inspiration of plants in homes. I hope it inspires you too!

plants

plants in the home

greenery

greenery

No comments:

Post a Comment