Alhamdulillah For Series - Gratitude Journal

Saturday 5 November 2016


Alhamdulillah For Series

I finally got around to ordering this book. I couldn't help it. I've probably wanted it since I found out it existed. And because it's so fast selling, I didn't want to end up missing the chance of getting a hold of it. It was made by Ayeina, if you haven't heard of them, check out their blog - I'm sure you'll love it. You can purchase this book from their e-store. 

It's taken me longer than I expected to write this review though. I received the 'Alhamdulillah For Series' book a few weeks back and have wanted, at every chance I could, to get to share it with you guys. I honestly just have not had the time. Lately, I've been unfortunately rather sick;  getting the time or energy to write has been super challenging! Luckily, I found a window today after feeling slightly better than I have been recently and jumped at the bit of energy and free time I had to write this post. 

Let's start off with what Alhamdulillah even means. 'Alhamdulillah' basically means 'Thank God'. As Muslims, we say it when we are grateful for something. We even say it when we go through hardship, to show God we are grateful for what we have. This book is really important to me because I feel teaching my son how to be grateful is important in his development. 

That being said, Alhamdulillah for health that Allah has given us! This book really seems to have come at the right time because it's making me feel so grateful for everything I do have. Although it was to teach my son gratitude, I feel like it's been a great reminder for me also. It's reminding me to constantly be grateful for the little things I have and haven't even asked for! 

Okay, so I'll have to admit, although I bought this book for my son, he's still a bit young to fully understand it. Saying that, he still absolutely loves it! He'll open it and flick through the pages which for me is more than enough for him to start understanding what it could be about. I have started explaining the book to him because I feel teaching gratitude in children from a very young age is important. And also going through it with him will remind me to be grateful. I find sometimes even as adults we need to remember to be grateful for the very basic things in life because there is someone somewhere wishing they could have what we have. 

Alhamdulillah For Series Gratitude Journal

As you open the book, there is a page where your child can write their name. This is wonderful as it automatically personalizes the book for your child. It'll make them feel like the book belongs to them, which is clever because kids love to have their own belongings. Also, the pattern on this page has been left blank, as an art lover, I would encourage my son to colour the page in (or probably even end up doing it myself *cheeky smile*)

Children's Gratitude Journal

Throughout the book, every page has an "Alhamdulillah for something in life" written on it. This is great as you can go through with your child what different things they can be grateful for in life. As parents, we obviously always want what's best for our children so we may give sometimes, not knowing if our child has even acknowledged how important what we have given is. Wouldn't it be nice for them to understand what to be grateful for?

This leads me to my favourite parts of the book. There are pages where your child can write down their weekly Alhamdulillah list. I love this for several reasons, one of them being that your child can interact with the book making it more fun. This will get them really thinking about things to be grateful for.

Islamic Gratitude Journal

I have taken some pictures of the inside of the book so you can get a feel of what it's about. Below are a few of my favourite pages. Here are some of the pages that really stood out for me personally. Just a few things I am grateful for lately. Thank you for reading and I hope this post helps you understand why I really like this book.

Weekly Journal

Motherhood

Grateful for Spouse

Gratitude Journal

Gratitude Journal

Ayeina Alhamdulillah For Series



No comments:

Post a Comment