My First Wudu Book!

Thursday 15 December 2016


It's inevitable that I've grown a love for children's books. I mean, it was bound to happen after I had my son. Isn't it funny how it's me that's grown the love for children's books. After all, my son does really enjoy them so I guess that's why my interest in them has grown so much.

I love how he learns from them. He's not the type to sit and read by himself. He prefers when someone sits with him and reads the book with him. He likes when the book is read in an animated way, when words are said in a funny voice because it makes him giggle and remember it. And nothing makes me happier than seeing my son smile and giggle. I mean, who wouldn't like it!?

Seeing him read and grow from reading really excites me. It kind of makes me feel like yes, I'm doing it right. I'm going to be honest, I don't know if I'm always doing it right so it feels quite nice that I feel confident in this thing when it comes to raising my son. Reading is such a great way for kids to learn. I find it unbelievable the way my son remembers from books. I guess a reason for that is because he makes me read it again and again especially if he really likes it.

All this book talk has lead me to another one of my favourites. I know what you're thinking, another book review? Yep, you got it right. Another children's book review? Double yes! This one is a really fun one though. It's great for learning because your kids can interact with it. Even I was "oohing" and "ahhing" upon first reading and using it. So you can imagine how a child would react to a book like this!

It's called My First Wudu Book. I won it in a competition I entered on Revert Life's blog. She was giving away these books to her readers and it made me so happy to end up with one! I was over the moon as I've wanted to buy it for a while now. Because teaching my son about my religion is so important to me, this book seemed like such a fun way for him to learn from it.

You're probably thinking what is wudu? Wudu or otherwise known as ablution is a ritual we do as Muslims just before we pray. It's a way for us to cleanse ourselves before we stand before Allah (God). Our prayer is so important to us that we have to make sure we're clean before starting.

I guess the next question is how do we cleanse ourselves? Well, that is something that the book teaches us. And why I love this book so much is because it makes it fun for children to learn it. The book illustrates from the start to end how to make wudu. Parts of the book change colour when water touches it. What's clever about the way it has been made is that the parts of our body we need to wash next, change colour. This is so good as it helps the child identify what to do next.

If you look at the pictures you'll be able to see how the book changes colour. Another thing I think it's great for learning is body parts. It can help the child identify different body parts by colouring them in with water. How cool is that!






No comments:

Post a Comment