Party OOTD and Winner of Best Dressed!

Wednesday 21 September 2016


Eid literally just finished for us, so you know what that meant? Second annual Celebrate Us event. Again, my Sister and I were invited for our brand Barakah London! This time though, we decided to have the stall instead of doing the runway as we wanted to interact with the customers more.

It was a great way for people to see what we make in real life rather than just guessing how our fabrics feel or abayas look on them. We met a lot of wonderful sisters. What I thought was great though was people got to see just the tiniest snippet of how we work when we take orders. We bought some of our samples with us so the ladies could try them on and order one in their particular size if it wasn't available.

Enough about how our stall went though, there is so much more to the night to tell! To find out more about our stall and how it looked, sign up to our newsletter on the website www.barakahlondon.tictail.com you'll get all of the details from the night right to your inbox!

Anyway, onto other exciting things, there was a dress code to the night, black and white evening attire. One of my favourite things about this event is the fact that you can dress up so it was pretty exciting going shopping for what to wear. As soon as I found out the dress code I kind of straight away went on the hunt for something to wear.  Black or white aren't typical evening dresses I go for so I didn't have anything ready in my wardrobe this time. I'll be honest, spending too much wasn't on the agenda either! Buying an outfit that's affordable and looks great is what I was going for. I mean isn't that every girl's dream?

By the way, before I get into talking about my outfit, did I mention I won Best Dressed for the night!? Yes I know, I really didn't expect it either! Such an exciting thing as I don't usually win many things. It was a pleasant surprise and I won a Harrods voucher! Cannot wait to start spending.


So here goes, the winning outfit was this gorgeous dress I bought from Boohoo. Quite a few sisters asked me about where I had got this dress from on the night and were pretty shocked to find out it was from Boohoo. The hanger definitely doesn't do this dress much justice. Like most dresses it looks much better on rather than on the hanger. It was only £40! They also had the dress in nude, which I absolutely fell in love with! I opted for the black though because of the colour scheme of the event.

It is a see through mesh dress with sequins. The fact that it was see through is great because it allows you to wear any colour you like underneath. I chose to wear a nude slip underneath. This showed the stripes and the design of the sequins.



My abaya for the event was from our collection. This one is Khamsa and is only £80. You can purchase it at www.barakahlondon.tictail.com. It is an open abaya which I prefer to wear to events like these as you can just pull it off when you arrive causing no hassle with ruining your makeup as you take it off. It is one of my favourites from the collection. There is another version which ties at the waist so do check it out if you are interested. 

The simple lace detail on the wrists and hem allowed the abaya to have the perfect amount of detail without taking away too much from my actual outfit. Perfect for events like these I'd say! 



Last but not least, accessories. Probably the most important part as it can make or break your outfit. Okay, so the bargains I got with these accessories were just ridiculous! The bag, is from Miss KG and was originally £40. I managed to get the bag from Portobello market at only £4! Can you believe it! It was brand new with all tags and prices still on it.

The heels are from New Look and I got them for only £10 on sale! Again, super cheap. I didn't manage to check the original price of these as I was in a rush but still, super happy with the price.

The colours of the bag and heels are really subtle which makes them work well together. It was important they looked good together as everything else I wore was black.



No comments:

Post a Comment